|Date: 12/31/2012||Office/Department: Pioneer|
|Starting Wage: Stipend||Supervisor: Pioneer Publisher|
|Openings: Yes||Department Head:|
This position is open. Please read through the job description below. If you would like to apply, use the link at the bottom of this page.
Production associates assist with the weekly layout process. They are responsible for placing all content on their pages, including articles, photographs, illustrations, and advertisements. They should be interested in long-term stylistic development of the paper, and invested in making The Pioneer as professional, clean, and aesthetically appealing as possible.
The ideal candidates will be creative and have a keen eye for visual details. They will be willing to work around problems, and have a good sense of prioritization. These individuals must be available Tuesday and Wednesday evenings. A familiarity with InDesign or a very similar product is required, or a willingness to learn before the start of the academic year.
Please email a word document with your responses to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications accepted on a rolling basis; final deadline is midnight on Sunday, September 9, 2012.
Returning staff: Please fill out the contact/payroll information and answer the following questions only: Why do you want to continue working for The Pioneer, and/or what is a goal you have for the coming semester? Please list your best two pages from the previous semester (issue number and section is fine; Circuit articles are also fine).
Phone number (cell preferred):
(These questions are for payroll purposes only and will not affect your application.)
In-state: yes no
Work-study yes no
- What experience do you have working with InDesign or a similar product?
- What experience do you have working on a publication or in a large group?
- Please describe your ability to work under pressure, or exercise problem-solving abilities, using examples when pertinent.
- What specific ideas do you have for changing/improving the layout of The Pioneer?
- Is there a specific section you would like to lay out? If so, what would you bring to that section?
- What other activities are you involved in this semester? How much time will you be able to devote weekly to The Pioneer?
Please submit an example of your work utilizing layout skills, if possible.
******DO NOT CLICK ON THE "APPLY FOR THIS JOB" LINK AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS JOB DESCRIPTION*****
Apply for this job.