|Date: 10/28/2011||Office/Department: Admission|
|Starting Wage:||Supervisor: Maranda Norton|
|Openings: No||Department Head:|
Be a student Ambassador for the Whitman College Office of Admission!
The A-Team is a group of paid students that advises and assists the Office of Admission with outreach to prospective students and families.
A-Team involvement includes:
- Giving campus tours
- Overnight Hosting (on campus only)
- Lunch Hosting
- Serving on student panels during admission and alumni events
- Helping with special group visits
- Helping execute admission events such as Fall and Spring Visitors' Days
- Hosting and attending admission events in your hometown during breaks and over the summer
- Attending A-Team lunch meetings twice a month or as necessary
- Building your resume
- Having fun, learning new things about the College, impacting the experiences of prospective students and their families, contributing to the recruiting efforts of the College, acting as the primary advisory group for Whitman, and playing a significant part in representing the Whitman community
A-Team members enjoy these benefits:
- Preference in hiring for Office of Admission work-study positions.
- Preference in hiring for Office of Admission programs such as Senior Internships, the Calling Program, and Visit Program Schedulers.
- The first to be asked to participate in focus groups and photo shoots for College publications.
- Learning how the Office of Admission ticks!
Current students interested in participating in Whitman's effort to attract bright and interesting students for future classes are encouraged to apply. Based on your written application, recommendation and interview, new members will be offered the chance to join the A-Team for the Spring of 2012. If you have questions please contact Tillie Gottlieb, Admission Officer, at 527-5772 or email email@example.com.
If you wish to apply please click the link here and complete the online application. The deadline for applications is Friday, November 11, 2011 at 4:30 PM. ****Do Not use the "Apply for this job" tab at the bottom of this job description****
Thank you for your interest in the position.
Contact: Maranda Norton, Interim Campus Visit Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org, 509-522-4423
Contact: Tillie Gottlieb, Admission Officer, email@example.com, 509-527-5176