|Date: 12/31/2012||Office/Department: Pioneer|
|Starting Wage:||Supervisor: Pioneer Publisher|
|Openings: Yes||Department Head:|
This position is open. Please read through the job description below. If you would like to apply, use the link at the bottom of this page.
The Pioneer is looking for illustrators who will provide companion artwork for articles. Illustrators will also have the opportunity to provide freestanding artwork, for example comic strips or political cartoons. Illustrators do not need prior publication experience but should be highly motivated and self-sufficient. Familiarity with The Pioneer and the Whitman campus is preferable.
Illustrators will be paid per illustration published in The Pioneer.
Please email a word document with your responses to email@example.com. Applications accepted on a rolling basis; final deadline is midnight on Sunday, September 9, 2012.
Returning staff: Please fill out the contact/payroll information and answer the following question only: Why do you want to continue working for The Pioneer, and/or what is a goal you have for the coming semester? Please attach or link to your two best illustrations that have been published in The Pioneer.
Phone number (cell preferred):
(These questions are for payroll purposes only and will not affect your application.)
In-state: yes no
Work-study yes no
1. Why would you like to illustrate for The Pioneer?
2. What experience do you have working on a newspaper or other publication?
3. What other activities will you be involved in this semester? How much time are you willing to devote weekly to The Pioneer?
5. Do you have any interest in doing regular artwork for The Pioneer that is unrelated to the articles, for example a political cartoon or weekly comic strip? Please give brief explanation of any ideas.
6. Do you anticipate that your artwork will be mainly digital, hand-drawn, or both?
If you have not published in The Pioneer before, please attach three samples of artwork which best convey your talents as an illustrator.
****DO NOT CLICK ON THE APPLY FOR THIS JOB BUTTON AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS JOB DESCRIPTION****
Apply for this job.