|Date: 06/10/2011||Office/Department: Community Service|
|Starting Wage: Minimum||Supervisor: Community Service Coordinator|
|Openings: No||Department Head: Assistant Dean of Student Engagement|
The Adopt-A-Grandparent Intern coordinates all aspects of the Adopt-A-Grandparent program. Duties include volunteer recruitment, selection and training, matching, managing the Adopt-A-Grandparent budget, corresponding with Odd Fellows Activity Directors, and coordinating several social events. All Community Service Interns are also required to assist the other members of the Community Service team with community service events throughout the year.
At least one year as an adopted grandkid and an interest in strengthening the Adopt-A-Grandparent program. In addition, the position requires an enthusiastic, flexible, and self-directed individual with good organization, communication, and decision-making skills.
- Recruit, train, and place all program volunteers with a Grandparent “match” at Odd Fellows (generally ~75 Volunteers Fall Semester, ~15 Spring)
- Support volunteers via e-mail communication and office hour availability
- Plan and manage 2-4 yearly events at Odd Fellows home for all volunteers
- Act as liaison between Whitman Community Service Office and Odd Fellows staff, especially Care Center Activities Directors
- Plan special trainings and events for volunteers such as volunteer recognition, campus speakers, or oral histories projects
- Solicit and integrate volunteer feedback in future AAG operations when applicable
Please do the following before noon on Friday, March 30th, 2012:
1. Email a cover letter and a resume (as a PDF attachments) to the Community Service Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please utilize resources at the Student Engagement Center to hone your resume and cover letter writing skills. Your cover letter should address the following:
1. What interests you most about the possibility of working for the Community Service office?
2. Description of your strengths, skills, and the experiences that you think would enhance your performance as a Community Service Intern.