Youth Adventure Program Intern
|Date: 03/04/2010||Office/Department: Community Service|
|Starting Wage: minimum wage||Supervisor: Community Service Coordinator|
|Openings: No||Department Head: Assistant Dean of Student Engagement|
Story Time Intern
The Youth Adventure Program (YAP) Intern is responsible for all aspects of the Youth Adventure Program. Duties include: recruiting new and returning leaders and community partners, training leaders and head leaders, compiling a program proposal for the semester, advertising upcoming programs and matching leaders with programs, conducting program evaluations, organizing transportation as needed, maintaining the YAP library and supplies, managing the Youth Adventure Program budget, and keeping the lines of communication open between the Community Service Office, volunteers, and community partners. YAP is a growing program, and the intern should create opportunities to allow leaders to start new programs/lesson plans as well as continue to gather resources for leaders and for programs. All Community Service Interns are also required to assist the other members of the team with community service events throughout the year.
Work study eligibility preferred but not required. At least one semester as a Youth Adventure Program leader and an interest in strengthening the Youth Adventure Program. In addition, the position requires an enthusiastic, flexible, and self-directed individual with good organization, communication, and decision-making skills.
Please do the following four steps before noon on Monday, March 29, 2010:
1. Complete the online student employment application.
2. Compose an e-mail answering the following questions:
1. What interests you most about the possibility of working for the Community Service office?
2. Please describe your strengths, skills, and the experiences that you think would enhance your performance as a Community Service Intern.
3. If you will you be abroad either Fall 2010 or Spring 2011, which semester will you be available as a Community Service Intern? (We prefer to hire interns who are available for the whole year, but will consider applications from students who will be available only one semester.)
4. If you are applying for more than one Community Service Internship, please let us know which one you would prefer and why.
3. Attach your resume to the e-mail (as a WORD or PDF attachment).
4. Send your e-mail to the Community Service Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org