Summer Custodial Assistant
|Date: 03/01/2012||Office/Department: Residence Life Custodial|
|Starting Wage: Minimum Wage||Supervisor: Jim Schueler|
|Openings: No||Department Head:|
NATURE OF EMPLOYMENT
The Residence Life Custodial Department is seeking students to contribute to summer custodial duties in the residence halls. We will be hiring for four positions. Compensation includes an hourly wage and free housing for the summer.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT AND EMPLOYMENT TASKS:
Two student employees will work with the custodial crew on day-to-day and deep cleaning operations in the residence halls. This includes vacuuming; washing walls, furniture, windows, and mirrors; sweeping and mopping floors; cleaning restrooms; and removing trash.
Two student employees will spend most scheduled work days moving residence hall furniture, requiring heavy lifting and proper lifting techniques. These students will also be required to engage in cleaning operations during times when furniture moving is not required.
All employees must do the following:
- Follow all safety requirements of a custodian (such as proper shoes, ladder safety, equipment care and proper use, use personal protection equipment when required, etc)
- Demonstrate dependability to show up for work on time and to work consistently through the day.
- Follow directions of custodial staff and custodial supervisors.
- Be able to lift and carry furniture with the assistance of a second person.
- Employees will utilize the following cleaning devices: window washer, carpet extractors, and floor machines.
- Work in buildings that are not air conditioned
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
DURATION: Employment begins on May 21 and runs until August 17.
RATE OF PAY: All first-year employees will be paid Washington State minimum wage ($9.04 as of 01/01/2012) for hours worked.
WORK SCHEDULE: Work hours will be 7:00 A.M. to 3:30 P.M. with 1 hour for lunch, Monday through Friday.
OTHER COMPENSATION: Employees will receive housing during the period of employment.
Please contact Jim Schueler at 527-5800 to schedule an interview.