Information Desk Staff
|Date: 08/02/2011||Office/Department: Reid Campus Center|
|Starting Wage: Minimum||Supervisor: Associate Dean of Students|
|Openings: No||Department Head: Associate Dean of Students|
Position is closed!
The Information Desk staff has three primary responsibilities. First, the Desk Staff acts as a receptionist and greeter for the Reid Campus Center. The Desk Staff should welcome users of the facility as they enter the building. Second, the Desk Staff is a source of information concerning events and locations within the Reid Campus Center as well as elsewhere on campus. It is important that Desk staff knows the answers to questions or can find the answer to questions when asked. Third, the Desk Staff is expected to help enforce building policies and provide security for the facility in terms of what is brought into and what is removed from the facility.
- Act as the receptionist/greeter for the Reid Campus Center
- Exhibit excellent customer service skills
- Answer telephone, provide information and assist campus center users
- Maintain a current knowledge of Reid Campus Center events
- Maintain a current knowledge of campus events
- Give directions to locations in the Reid Campus Center and elsewhere on campus
- Explain, interpret and enforce Reid Campus Center policies
- Keep "Upcoming Events" bulletin board organized and neat looking.
- Maintain a log of issues/needs in the building
- Contact Security (5777) when alarm sounds in panel by Boyer Street door
- Provide building security for the first floor doors
- Record door counts when requested to do so
- Contact appropriate building staff to deal with issues and needs
- Other duties as assigned
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Ability to be professional, courteous and helpful to anyone requesting information about the services/programs within the Reid Campus Center or general college information.
- Ability to be prompt and dependable. If you are unable to work an assigned shift, you must secure a substitute.
- Ability to confront peers and enforce Whitman College polices and Reid Campus Center policies in an educational and non-antagonistic manner.
- Familiarity with Reid Campus Center and the Whitman campus.
- Ability to work with limited supervision.
- Must be a full-time student in good academic standing with the College.
- Appearance must be presentable to the public and your nametag must be worn during your shift.
- No homework, eating of food or socializing with friends while on duty.
*********************CLOSING DATE APRIL 15th**********************