Library Serials Assistant
|Date: 08/26/2012||Office/Department: Library|
|Starting Wage: Minimum||Supervisor: Julianne Hoppen|
|Openings: No||Department Head: Dalia Hagan|
Student assistants play an important role in the daily operations of the Acquisitions Department at Penrose Library. Students will assist in the processing of Library subscriptions for integration into the Library collection through a variety of tasks. This position requires the ability to work independently and basic computer skills.
- Use the Integrated Library System check in as well as physically process the periodicals collection.
- Routine maintenance of the serials collection.
- Collects journals to be bound into book form once a year.
- Additional duties may be assigned such as:
a. Shifting collection to allow for growth.
b. Pulling previously processed materials for withdraw.
5. Perform other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Current Whitman College student
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Must be detail oriented and capable of completing repetitive tasks accurately and efficiently.
- Computer knowledge and experience required.
- Willing to learn and follow library policies and procedures.
- Ability to lift boxes of books.
- Foreign language experience helpful, but not required.
- Ability to work 6-10 hours per week, in 2+ hour blocks.
APPLICATION FILING PERIODS
- Open until filled
"Preference will be given to work study eligible students."
To apply for a Penrose Library job you must submit the Library job application and student schedule forms provided below this message. SUBMIT BOTH THE STUDENT APPLICATION AND THE STUDENT SCHEDULE FORMS TO email@example.com
Click on LIBRARY APPLICATION to fill out form.
CLICK HERE FOR THE STUDENT SCHEDULE LINK.