|Date: 08/24/2012||Office/Department: Library|
|Starting Wage: Minimum||Supervisor: Emiley Jensen|
|Openings: No||Department Head: Dalia Corkrum|
Summer Library Catalog Assistant
Student assistants play an important role in the daily operations of the Cataloging Department at Penrose Library. Students will assist in the preparation of Library materials for integration into the Library collection through many varied tasks. This position requires the ability to work independently and basic computer skills.
- Use a national database to find correct bibliographic records which will be put into our Online Public Access Catalog (OPAC).
- Process a variety of library materials for different library collections.
- Create item records in computer for library materials.
- Additional duties may be assigned such as:
a. Shelving/shelf reading on occasion.
b. Pulling previously cataloged materials for problem resolution.
5. Perform other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Current Whitman College student
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Must be detail oriented and capable of completing repetitive tasks accurately and efficiently.
- Computer knowledge and experience required.
- Willing to learn and follow library policies and procedures.
- Ability to lift boxes of books.
- Foreign language experience helpful, but not required.
1. Ability to work 8-10 hours per week.
Complete this application form: Library Student Job Application. Do not use the apply button below.