Intercultural Center Intern
|Date: 04/19/2012||Office/Department: Intercultural Center|
|Starting Wage: Minimum Wage||Supervisor: Sonja Aikens|
|Openings: No||Department Head: Intercultural Center Director|
INTERCULTURAL CENTER INTERN POSITION 2012-2013
- Provide general office assistance (including phone reception, computer processing, production projects, running errands, etc.).
- Collaborate on raising diversity awareness and excitement about the Center’s programs.
- Serve as an Intercultural Center representative in various campus settings
(MUST have excellent written and verbal communication skills).
- Participate in event planning and publicity campaigns.
- Design event materials including posters, flyers, invitations, etc. (Experience with software such as Photoshop and Publisher a plus.)
- Assist with special projects such as the Imagine Celebration, and campus programs hosted at the Glover Alston Center.
- Welcome prospective students and visitors to the Intercultural Center and the Glover Alston Center and provide information about both.
- Help staff the Glover Alston Center and ensure that events/programs are running smoothly, facility policies are followed, and basic custodial needs are attended to.
- Work closely with the Admission Office in the recruitment of multicultural students.
- Attend all Intercultural Center staff meetings.
- Approximately 4-10 hours per week with some evenings and weekends
- minimum wage ($9.04 as of January 2012) with potential for performance raises
****Do Not fill out the button at the bottom of this job description that says "Apply for this job" but print out the application following this job description.
THE INTERCULTURAL CENTER
GRADUATION DATE: BEST TIME TO CALL:
Please briefly discuss any experience you have with the responsibilities listed on the other side of the application:
Please briefly discuss why you would like to work at the Intercultural Center:
If you could put on an Intercultural Center event or program that particularly interests you, what would it be and why? How would you plan and implement the event or program?
*Please attach your current resume and a list of three references with contact information (phone/email). Selected applicants will be called to schedule an interview.
APPLICATIONS ARE DUE IN THE INTERCULTURAL CENTER, REID CAMPUS CENTER #216, BY 5PM ON FRIDAY 4/27/12.
****************************Please do not hit the "APPLY' button******************************