|Date: 08/22/2011||Office/Department: Communications-Photography|
|Starting Wage: Minimum||Supervisor: Greg Lehman|
|Openings: No||Department Head: Ruth Wardwell, Associate Director of Communications|
Assist the Communications Department in visually covering the events and activities on the Whitman campus.
Shoot specific assigned events and offer 'slice of life' images when possible. Acquire identification of primary photo subjects and turn in digital image files to the office within 24 hours.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Advanced knowledge of basic elements of good photography.
- Advanced Digital photography skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Flexibility to learn new techniques and equipment.
- Reliable; able to take responsibility for the job.
- Excellent people skills; able to deal comfortably with faculty and students on behalf of the office.
- Having your own DSLR equipment a definite plus.