|Date: 08/11/11||Office/Department: Student Engagement Center|
|Starting Wage: Minimum Wage||Supervisor: Margaret Ely|
|Openings: No||Department Head: Susan Buchanan|
Marketing/Office Intern Student Engagement Center
The Student Engagement Center is located in the Reid Campus Center in Suite #219. The Student Engagement Center offers academic year and summer internships, America Reads/America Counts internships, community service opportunities, student and post-graduate employment information, graduate school exploration, resume creation, interview preparation, and networking practice.
Provide support for reception area and information maintenance for the Student Engagement Center during normal business hours of 9 AM to 5 PM Monday through Friday.
Marketing Intern - Responsibilities
1. Greet visitors to the office, answer the phone when necessary, and schedule advising appointments.
2. Manage marketing for SEC workshops and events:
a. Develop marketing plan for each semester, including modes of advertising and dates of implementation.
b. Prepare materials for events and workshops using InDesign and other software, including name tags and copies of informational materials.
3. Identify content for SEC website, update events calendar.
4. Maintain the SEC Bulletin Board.
5. Identify and post internship opportunities for the Nationwide Internships Consortium (NIC) database.
6. Search and post internship and job opportunities that may be of interest to Whitman community.
7. Assist with America Reads/Counts payroll when necessary.
8. Other administrative duties as assigned.
Student should be work study eligible as designated by the office of Financial Aid Services, but all are welcome to apply.
Preference will be given to students who can work more than one academic year for the SEC.
Strong interpersonal and communication skills; familiarity with computers and Microsoft Office programs, and willingness to learn new software systems such as Adobe InDesign; strong writing and listening skills; attention detail is a must; dependable; adaptable and flexible.
****Applicant must be able to work in shifts of two hours or more at a time. ****
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: DO NOT submit the on-line application located at the bottom of this job description. If you apply for this position via the online application "Apply for this job here" button, your application will be disregarded. Please submit a resume and cover letter including the days and hours you are available to work to firstname.lastname@example.org.