Hall of Fame
Induction into the Whitman College Athletics Hall of Fame is the highest honor given to former Whitman student-athletes. The award is administered by the Athletics Department in cooperation with an Executive Board of the Hall of Fame; members of this Board are former Whitman student-athletes and coaches. Induction is based on the following criteria:
- Inductees must be graduates of Whitman College or have served as a coach/administrator for at least five years.
- There will be a ten-year waiting period after graduation for athletes and a five-year waiting period for coaches/administrators. This may be waived in extraordinary circumstances.
- Primary emphasis for selection will be placed on achievements in Whitman athletics as well as a nominee's overall contributions to Whitman athletics. Other areas to be considered may include contribution to the college as a whole and/or achievements after graduation.
- No more than five candidates will be selected for induction in any given year.
- Individuals may stay in the nomination pool for a period of five years.
- In certain circumstances, teams may be selected for induction. Individual student athletes who fell short of Whitman degree requirements may also be considered for induction.
The annual deadline for nominations is May 1. Induction to the Hall of Fame will take place at the annual Athletics Awards Banquet, normally scheduled for late April or early May.