Seattle Hub launch
This summer we are launching our Whitman Hub locations - centers for professional community and connections in 6 cities around the country!
When: Wednesday, July 16, 6:00-8:00 PM
2207 2nd Ave
Seattle, WA 98121
We are working to build greater opportunity for Whitman students and alumni to explore careers and gain experience in the greater Seattle area. Join us for an evening of drinks and conversation to launch this new community!
2014 Internships and First Destination Jobs
Use the map below to explore jobs and internships that current students (and '14 graduates) will be working on this summer in the greater Seattle area. Blue points indicate Whitman Internship Grant winners, and yellow points indicate independent internships/jobs. Would you like to be included on this map? Fill out this survey (requires Whitman login).
Use the Whitman Internship Grant Database to explore previous WIG internships in the Seattle area.
Featured Employer: The Spur Group
Careers Link | Alumni Contacts: Dan Overgaag '03, Sylvie Luiten '12, Richael Best '13
A boutique consulting organization based in Redmond, WA, The Spur Group has had a great deal of success hiring Whitman graduates and has recently targeted Whitman for recruitment. A sizeable cohort of Whitman alumni work on projects ranging from executive communications to change management, market research to launch support. They will be on-campus March 7th to conduct interviews for the next round of training.
Don't know where to start looking for an internship or job? We've collected a list of major employers in the area, many of which have a history hiring Whitman graduates. Should your organization be on this list? Get in touch with us at email@example.com.
||COMPANY CAREERS LINK|
|Fred Hutchingson Cancer Research Center||https://www.fhcrc.org/en/careers.html|
|Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation||http://www.gatesfoundation.org/Jobs|
|Infectious Disease Research Institute||http://www.idri.org/careers.php|
- Use the Whitman Online Alumni Database to find more alumni in the Seattle/Bellevue area.
- Seattle's Craigslist is always a great site for finding housing, employment, and local information.
- The Seattle Networking Guide connects people and companies to Seattle's most vibrant organizations for professional and social networking, civic engagement, volunteering, and strategic community relations.
- NW Jobs provides job listings and resources for folks looking for employment in the Seattle area.
- Campus Point still updates job and employer information focusing on helping recent graduates to find a job.
- Work Source is the State of Washington's official site for online employment services. Through its resources you can find a job, get job search help, locate workforce services in your area, access career information and more.
- University of Washington Housing and Food Services
- Seattle University Summer Housing
- Seattle Central CC Housing
- Uloop Washington
- Seattle Sublet
- Apartment List (Seattle)
Healthcare and Outdoor Activities
- Community Health Plan of Washington (CHPW)
- Staying Active in Seattle
- Seattle Attractions: What to Do
- Seattle Transit (for residents)
- Seattle Directions (for tourists)
- Downtown Seattle
- Port of Seattle (Transit Information)
Do you know of more resources that could help Whitman students and alumni? Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org!