Seattle / Bellevue Hub
Whitties Helping Whitties @ Seattle
Seattle Art Museum
Thursday March 27th, 5:30 - 7:00 pm
Students RSVP Here
Alumni RSVP will be in the March issue of Whittie News
Alumni and students in high-demand locations for jobs and internships meeting, networking and building a bridge to the professional world together.
There are many different internship opportunities in the Seattle area. Below are some previous internships that may inspire your search.
Wing Luke Museum of Asian Pacific American Experience, Kyra Arnett
The Wing Luke Museum of Asian Pacific American Experience provides opportunities for the community to interact with Asian Pacific culture. Kyra focused on developing exhibitions for the youth gallery and coordinating a three-week summer camp for children ages 6 – 12.
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Tom Haffner ‘14
As a Summer Biomedical Informatics Intern, Tom searched and reviewed background literature and informatics to support a prostate cancer biorepository.
Seattle Opera, Madeline Levy ’15
The Seattle Opera presents high quality and engaging productions of classic and modern operas. Madeline worked as a Stage Management Intern on the production of The Ring, getting hands-on experience in the world of theatre.
Use the Whitman Internship Grant Database to explore other WIG internships in the Seattle area.
Featured Employer: The Spur Group
Careers Link | Alumni Contacts: Dan Overgaag '03, Sylvie Luiten '12, Richael Best '13
A boutique consulting organization based in Redmond, WA, The Spur Group has had a great deal of success hiring Whitman graduates and has recently targeted Whitman for recruitment. A sizeable cohort of Whitman alumni work on projects ranging from executive communications to change management, market research to launch support. They will be on-campus March 7th to conduct interviews for the next round of training.
Don't know where to start looking for an internship or job? We've collected a list of major employers in the area, many of which have a history hiring Whitman graduates. If you have a company to add to this list, let us know!
||COMPANY CAREERS LINK|
|Fred Hutchingson Cancer Research Center||https://www.fhcrc.org/en/careers.html|
|Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation||http://www.gatesfoundation.org/Jobs|
|Infectious Disease Research Institute||http://www.idri.org/careers.php|
- Use the Whitman Online Alumni Database to find more alumni in the Seattle/Bellevue area.
- Seattle's Craigslist is always a great site for finding housing, employment, and local information.
- The Seattle Networking Guide connects people and companies to Seattle's most vibrant organizations for professional and social networking, civic engagement, volunteering, and strategic community relations.
- NW Jobs provides job listings and resources for folks looking for employment in the Seattle area.
- Campus Point still updates job and employer information focusing on helping recent graduates to find a job.
- Work Source is the State of Washington's official site for online employment services. Through its resources you can find a job, get job search help, locate workforce services in your area, access career information and more.
Do you know of more resources that could help Whitman students and alumni? Let us know at email@example.com!