Portland / Beaverton Hub
Stay tuned for the summer schedule!
Oregon Health and Science University, Kyle Buckham ’14
Oregon Health and Science University is a world-class medical school and research facility. He researched in the Hwa Lab, which conducts clinical research on patients with Laron’s syndrome.
Immigrant and Refugee Community Organization, Shelly Le ‘14
The MIRP offers legal services for low-income immigrants that seek to pursue or defend their legal status. Shelly will work as a Development intern, developing the sponsorship sector of the organization and expanding both individual and corporate sponsorships in the organization’s summer appeal project.
Artslandia Magazine, Aleida Fernandez ’15
Artslandia is a magazine that focuses on the world of performing arts in Portland, OR. Aleida spent her internship fact checking, copying-editing, and writing short features for the magazine.
Use the Whitman Internship Grant Database to explore other WIG internships in the Portland area.
Featured Employer: Elemental Technologies
Careers Link | Alumni Contact: Jeremy Norden '11
A software company headquartered in Portland, OR, Elemental Technology specializes in providing multiscreen video solutions. Current openings are listed in marketing, product management, service and support engineering and several internship programs. Whitman alumni are actively seeking avenues to connect future alumni to Elemental careers.
Don't know where to start looking for an internship or job? We've collected a list of major employers in the area, many of which have a history hiring Whitman graduates. If you have a company to add to this list, let us know!
|EMPLOYER||COMPANY CAREERS LINK|
- Use the Whitman Online Alumni Database to find more alumni in the Portland area.
- Portland's Craigslist is always a great site for finding housing, jobs, and local information.
- Snag A Job lists job opportunities for part-time jobs, teen jobs, student jobs and summer jobs with great companies throughout Oregon, primarily in the Portland area.
- Campus Point is geared towards helping recent graduates find a job by updating job opportunities and employer information in the Portland area.
- Employment Department: Oregon.gov provides information about the job market, unemployment, career fairs, etc. and works to connect jobseekers with employers in Oregon
Do you know of more resources that could help Whitman students and alumni? Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org!