Programs Internship with Kirkman House Museum
Kirkman House Museum 214 N. Colville St., Walla Walla, WA 99362. Tel: 509-529-4373. firstname.lastname@example.org - www.kirkmanhousemuseum.org
Position Title: Programs Intern
Job Description: Assists with planning and implementation of summer children's programming.
Supervision: Individuals in this position work under the direction and supervision of a Board Member.
Responsibilities and Activities:
- Develop and coordinate children's workshops for the summer Hands on History program.
- Recruit volunteer instructors for the workshops.
- Provide organizational support.
- Provide support in distributing museum marketing materials.
- General project support.
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Ability to develop and lead projects for a variety of age ranges
- Professionalism and organizational skills
Work Schedule: Brief planning meetings throughout the year. The concentrated time commitment occurs during the summer months.
Term of Position: This is an unpaid position offered on an annual schedule.
Kirkman House Museum internships are unpaid. College or university credit may be given. Museum interns receive complimentary Museum membership (includes subscription to the Kirkman House quarterly newsletter, the Calendar of Events, invitations to exhibition openings, and reduced fees for programs and events).
Who May Apply: Applications will be accepted from currently enrolled college students.
To apply for this internship, please email for an application and include your resume and cover letter. Mail packet to Kirkman House Museum, 214 N. Colville, Walla Walla, WA 99362.