Exhibit Internship with Kirkman House Museum
Kirkman House 214 N. Colville St., Walla Walla, WA 99362. Tel: 509-529-4373. firstname.lastname@example.org - www.kirkmanhousemuseum.org
Position Title: Exhibit Intern
Job Description: Provides support with all facets of museum exhibits.
Supervision: Individuals in this position work under the direction and supervision of a Board Member
Responsibilities and Activities:
- Plan and schedule upcoming exhibits
- Secure loaned materials for rotating exhibitions
- Coordinate installation and set up
- Catalogue loaned materials
- Create exhibit labels and supplemental information
- Distribution marketing materials
- Staff exhibits for First Friday ArtWalks
- Execute tear down and clean up of exhibits
- Return loaned items owners
- Catalogue returned items
- Strong writing, research and communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Knowledge of curatorial care of fragile materials
- Professionalism and organizational skills
- Ability to work on a deadline
Work Schedule: Episodic, determined by exhibit schedule
Term of Position: This is an unpaid position offered year round with schedule flexibility.
Benefits: Kirkman House Museum internships are unpaid. College or university credit may be given. Museum interns receive complimentary Museum membership (includes subscription to the Kirkman House quarterly newsletter, the Calendar of Events, invitations to exhibition openings, and reduced fees for programs and events).
Who May Apply: Applications will be accepted from currently enrolled college students.
To apply for this internship, please email for an application and include your resume and cover letter. Mail packet to Kirkman House Museum, 214 N. Colville, Walla Walla, WA 99362.