Collections Catalogue Internship with Kirkman House Museum
Kirkman House Museum - 214 N. Colville, St., Walla Walla, WA 99362. Tel: 509-529-4373. email@example.com - www.kirkmanhousemuseum.org
Position Title: Collections Intern
Job Description: Oversee collections catalogue.
Supervision: Individuals in this position work under the direction and supervision of a Board Member.
Responsibilities and Activities:
- Photograph individual pieces in collection
- Catalogue pieces using museum software
- Assign ID numbers to each piece
- Research and document provenance of pieces
- Maintain organization of collections processing area
- Assist in rotation of permanent collections on display
- Attention to detail
- Knowledge of curatorial care of fragile materials
- Professionalism and organizational skills
Work Schedule: Flexible
Term of Position: This is an unpaid position offered year round with schedule flexibility.
Benefits: Kirkman House Museum internships are unpaid. College or university credit may be given. Museum interns receive complimentary Museum membership (includes subscription to the Kirkman House quarterly newsletter, the Calendar of Events, invitations to exhibition openings, and reduced fees for programs and events).
Who May Apply: Applications will be accepted from currently enrolled college students.
To apply for this internship, please email for an application and include your resume and cover letter. Mail packet to Kirkman House Museum, 214 N. Colville, Walla Walla, WA 99362.