Do you need some reference material to assist you in your position as an intern with America Reads? Here are several pdf publications that you can read:
- Ten Questioning Strategies - Ten Questioning Strategies that Minimize Classroom Managment Problems. Minimize classroom problems and maximize student learning with proven techniques for asking questions.
- Addressing Challenging Team Dynamics - Adresses the different types of challenging behaviors that can be found when working in groups and tips to prevent the challenging behaviors and methods on intervention.
- How To Give Clear Directions - How to give clear directions in tutoring sessions. Effective behavior management is about getting students to follow your instructions every time.
- Positive Reinforcement - Positive reinforcement for appropriate behavior can lead to productive tutoring sessions. Read about things you can do to make your sessions with students productive and rewarding.
- Reducing Disruptive Behavior - Reducing disruptive behavior with multi-component intervention; encountering compliance and non-compliance. Read about some helpful tips that can help influence positive behavior from your students.