About the Student Engagement Center
We connect Whitman students and alumni to the communities and experiences that help them cultivate their futures.
The Student Engagement Center offers a variety of services to the Whitman community. From personal career advising to small-group workshops, the Student Engagement Center can help students develop skills that will be beneficial before and after graduation. We support students and alumni as they transition into effective professionals in their field.
We invite you to explore what our Center has to offer on our website, and to visit the Student Engagement Center in person and take advantage of all of our services and programs. Visit the Student Engagement Center upstairs in Reid Campus Center 219.
Address: 345 Boyer Ave, Walla Walla, WA 99362 | Phone: 509-527-5183 | Fax: 509-527-5934 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Appointments and Drop-ins:
Drop In Hours
Drop in hours are quick sessions that last 15 minutes or less, designed to answer quick questions about anything from resume reviews to career choices. Not sure who to talk to? Visit out Meet the SEC page.
Community Service Internships
Abby Juhasz - Tuesday 11am-1pm Victoria Wolff - Monday 3-5pm, Friday 2-4pm
Susan Prudente - Thursday 11am-1pm
Law Networking, Recruiting, Business, Resumes
Noah Leavitt - Monday 4-4:45pm Kim Rolfe -Wednesday 3:30-5pm
Resumes, Cover Letters, Career Counseling
Gayle Townsend - Monday/Wednesday/Friday 2-4pm
Students may schedule appointments with various members of the Student Engagement Center to discuss careers, internships, on-campus jobs, graduate school, majors and general professional development. Additionally, there are many opportunities to engage in community service programs ranging from weekly commitments to one-time events. See the full list of appointment types below.
- Career Assessment Review (50 minutes)
- Career Coaching Session (25 minutes)
- Cover Letter Review (25 minutes)please send cover letter in advance
- Graduate School Application - questions, CV or personal statement reviews (50 minutes)
- Internship Application Review (25 minutes)
- Job/Internship Search (25 minutes)
- Networking Coaching (25 minutes)
- Practice Interview (50 minutes)
- Practice Interview Prep (25 minutes) required for a practice interview
- Resume, Full Assessment (50 minutes) please send resume in advance
- Resume, Review (25 minutes) please send resume in advance
- Drop-In hours are available without appointment (15 minutes)
Given the demand for student appointments, we ask that you cancel any appointment you cannot attend as soon as possible to allow time for other students.
How to Schedule an Appointment:
To schedule a full appointment, call the office during normal hours at 509-527-5183 or click on the following links to email us about:
Resume and Cover Letter Reviews | Career Counseling | Mock Interviews | Access the Alumni Database | Ask Other Questions
...or simply email us your questions at email@example.com!