The Student Activities Office can assist you in identifying useful information to pass on to the incoming officers of your organization.
- Create a transition binder and/or webpage containing key information for new officers. Binders can be maintained throughout the year, to prevent vital information from being lost. Suggested information to include.
- Contact information for old and new officers, adviser(s), and, if possible, members
- Copy of current constitution
- A brief history of the organization, its purpose, and major past projects and events including timelines
- Account information and passwords
- Financial information with a copy of the organization's current budget and samples of the most commonly used financial forms
- Meeting agendas and minutes
- Electronic files with organizational documents
- If your organization is a part of a national or statewide organization, include that organization's relevant information. This applies to fraternities, sororities, some public service organizations and some religious groups, among others.
- Consider timing of officer elections to allow for adequate transition time (at least one month).
- Have new officers attend the Finance & General Information Training.
- Hold a new officers training workshop for the old officers to train the new officers on duties and responsibilities of the position.