Spring 2015 Registration Information for Students
Check your registration holds via CLEo starting Tuesday, January 13, 2015 . If a hold is shown, contact the appropriate office to obtain clearance.
Business Office - located in Mem 233 (x5143); Financial Aid - located in Mem 123 (x5178)
Health Center - located at 11 Merriam St (x5281); Registrar's Office - located in Mem 212 (x5983)
Web Check-in must be completed by ALL students by Friday, January 30, 2015.
**ADVISER CLEARANCE IS NOT REQUIRED TO COMPLETE WEB CHECK-IN**
- Check Registration Holds - clear all holds indicated by contacting the appropriate office (see above)
- Provide Emergency Contact Information - you will be asked to provide a number where you wish to receive campus alert information as well as emergency contact information. Finally, you will be asked to agree to the Financial Responsbility statement.
ELECTRONIC ADVISER CLEARANCE IS REQUIRED TO ADD/DROP COURSES
- Add/drop appointment times for Monday, January 19 are listed below by graduation date. Students will be allowed access to web add/drop at the appointment time for their class and will continue to have access during the entire add/drop period.
Class of 2015 start at 8 am
Class of 2016 start at 10 am
Class of 2017 start at 12 Noon
Class of 2018 start at 3 pm
- ACCESS the "Student Kiosk (CLEO)" link on the Whitman College students homepage (www.whitman.edu/students). You will complete Web Check-in through QUACK.
- SEARCH FOR CLASSES is now located on the student portal at my.whitman.edu under the "Registration" tab. Your Course Wishlist and Current Schedule will be displayed. If your Course Wishlist is empty, it will be indicated as such.
- TO ADD A CLASS, you must first add it to your Course Wishlist using the "Search and Add Courses" link, or if your wishlist is empty, you will select the "Add a Course" link. When you have selected the course, click on "Add to Wishlist" at the top of the page. You may then use the "+" action button to add it to your schedule. Click on "Apply Changes" and the course will be added to your schedule.
- TO DROP A CLASS, click on the "˗" action button of the class you wish to drop from your schedule. It is important that you verify that a replacement course is open before dropping a course from your schedule. If you drop a course that is closed (full) you will not be able to re-add the course unless you have electronic instructor consent. Click on "Apply Changes" and the course will be dropped from your schedule.
- VERIFY the courses listed in the "Current Schedule" section to ensure that your schedule is correct. If so, click the "Logout" button at the top of the screen.
ACADEMIC OVERLOAD APPROVAL
Requirements for students to enroll in an academic overload are as follows:
- Students must have a 3.50 or higher cumulative GPA.
- Students must have a 3.50 or higher previous semester's GPA in courses completed at Whitman.
- Students must obtain signatures of support from all instructors of the courses they completed the previous semester at Whitman on an Academic Overload Form. The form is available on the Registrar's web page at www.whitman.edu/offices-and-services/registrar/students-and-alumni/forms or in the office.
- Students must submit the Academic Overload Form, signed by their adviser and previous semester's instructors, to the Registrar's Office for final approval.
- Requests for more than 18 academic credits that do not meet the above criteria will be reviewed by the Board of Review and consent will be granted only in truly exceptional circumstances in which there is crucial need to take an academic overload (such as the need to graduate).
- You may contact the Registrar's Office through a Live Chat option. This will be available from January 19, 2015 through January 30, 2015 between the hours of 8:30 am to 4:30 pm. Live Chat will be located at the bottom right of the registration screen in the portal.
- Students may also call us at x5983, email email@example.com, or visit Memorial 212.
CLASSES BEGIN - Tuesday, January 20, 2015
- Arranged classes - First meeting will be at 12:30 pm, Wednesday, January 21, in the office of the instructor.