Spring 2015 Pre-registration Information for Students
Online Pre-registration appointments for the spring will be scheduled as shown below. The Registrar's Office will notify you, via email, of any additional Pre-registration instructions and when your appointment time is available in the Portal, my.whitman.edu. Pre-registration can be accessed in the Portal under the Registration tab.
Class of 2015 Thursday, Nov 6, 4:30 - 8 pm
Class of 2016 (OCS) Friday, Nov 7, 4:30 - 8 pm (open until Monday, Nov 10 at 8 am)
Class of 2017 Monday, Nov 10, 4:30 - 9 pm
Class of 2018 Tuesday, Nov 11, 4:30 - 9 pm
You are allowed access to online Pre-registration starting at your appointment time through 8:00 am the following day. Capacities will be updated for classes controlling enrollments by class year by noon each day. Pre-registration will open to everyone again on Wednesday, Nov 12, at 8 am and remain open until the last day of finals, December 19.
Important Pre-registration Information
- Registration times are randomly assigned within the two tiers of your anticipated graduation class (see more detail at http://www.whitman.edu/offices-and-services/registrar/students-and-alumni/registration-information).
- Search for Classes is now located on the student portal at my.whitman.edu under the "Registration" tab and the College Catalog can be accessed at catalog.whitman.edu.
- Make an appointment with your academic adviser to discuss your schedule of classes prior to your registration time (see above).
- You MUST have your adviser's electronic clearance to pre-register.
- The Registrar's Office will be staffed during all Pre-registration appointment times. If you run into any problems while registering, you may use the live chat link on the Registration page, call us at x5983, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit Memorial 212 for assistance.
- You can view your Academic Evaluation online through the portal to confirm requirements which are outstanding for degree completion.
- You must request instructor consent to be pre-registered for a closed or consent-required class.
- If you request consent from an instructor, and it is granted, you will receive an automated confirmation email. Please follow the instructions in the email to accept consent and have the class added by the Registrar's Office. You will receive confirmation by email from the Registrar's Office that the class has been added.
- You will have access to add yourself to up to four class waitlists. Add the class to your wishlist and then click the "Add to Waitlist" link. There is no need to email the instructor once you have added your name to the waitlist.
- To be registered for any class time conflict, you must complete a Course Conflict Resolution form (available on the Registrar's web page or in the Registrar's office) with the signatures of BOTH instructors,and then register for the conflicting class in the Registrar's Office (MEM 212).
- A full time load at Whitman is 12 to 18 academic credits. You may register for 18 academic credits and unlimited activity credits during Pre-registration. Students wishing to enroll in an academic overload must wait until the start of spring semester to add credits upon approval of an Academic Overload form.