Fall 2015 Pre-registration Information for Students
Web pre-registration appointments for the fall 2015 semester will be scheduled as shown below. You will receive your appointment time and instructions from the Registrar's Office via email. If you mistakenly delete the email, your appointment time is available in the portal, my.whitman.edu.
Class of 2016 Friday, April 24, 4 - 8 pm
Class of 2017 Monday, April 27, 4:30 - 9 pm
Class of 2018 Tuesday, April 28, 4:30 - 9 pm
You are allowed access to web pre-registration starting at your appointment time through 8:00am the
following day. Capacities will be updated for classes controlling enrollments by class level by noon each day.
Pre-registration will open to everyone again on Wednesday, April 29, at 8am and remain open until the
last day of finals, May 19.
Important Pre-registration Information
• Registration times are randomly assigned within the two tiers of your anticipated graduation class (see more detail at http://www.whitman.edu/offices-and-services/registrar/students-and-alumni/registration-information).
• Make an appointment with your academic adviser to discuss your schedule of classes prior to your registration time (see above).
• You MUST have your adviser's WEB clearance to pre-register.
• The Registrar's Office will be staffed during all pre-registration appointment times. If you run into any problems while registering, you may use the live chat link on the registration page, call us at x5983, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit Memorial 212 for assistance.
• You can view your Academic Evaluation on the Web through the portal to confirm requirements which are outstanding for degree completion.
• You must request instructor consent to be pre-registered for a closed or consent class.
• If you request consent from an instructor, and it is granted, you will receive an automated confirmation email. Please follow the instructions in the email to accept consent and have the class added by the Registrar's Office. You will receive confirmation by email from the Registrar's Office that the class has been added.
• You will have access to add yourself to up to four class waitlists. Add the class to your wishlist and then click the "Add to Waitlist" link. There is no need to email the instructor once you have added your name to the waitlist.
• To be registered for any class time conflict, you must complete a Course Conflict Resolution form (available on the Registrar's web page or in the Registrar's office) with the signatures of BOTH instructors, and then register for the conflicting class in the Registrar's Office (MEM 212).
• A full time load at Whitman is 12 to 18 academic credits. You may register for 18 academic credits and unlimited activity credits during pre-registration. Students wishing to enroll in an academic overload must wait until the start of the fall semester to add credits upon approval of an Academic Overload form.