Residence Life Information
• Students living on campus will receive a housing assignment letter from the Office of Residence Life and Housing in early August. This letter will include your residence hall and roomassignment, your telephone number, and the name and address of your roommate(s). You may receive information from your Resident Assistant (RA) or your Student Academic Adviser (SA) before you receive this housing letter. Housing information will not be available before early August.
• Residence halls open for new students at 9 a.m. on Thursday, August 28.
• Your mailing address while enrolled at Whitman is:
280 Boyer Avenue
Walla Walla, WA 99362
You will be assigned a mailbox at the post office in the Reid Campus Center when you arrive
on campus, but your mailbox number does not need to be included in your address.
• If you need to send boxes to Whitman ahead of your arrival, please ship them using the address above. You may pick up your boxes at the Reid Campus Center on Thursday, August 28. Please do not ship boxes prior to August 15.
• Information about residence hall furnishings and facilities can be accessed online at:
• Because most of the mattress sizes in residence halls are 80", we suggest that you purchase bedding to fit extra-long twin mattresses. You can just tuck your sheets under if you have a shorter mattress.
• Please do not bring Hallogen lamps to college. They are a fire safety risk. There are safe alternatives available at several local stores (K-Mart, Shopko, Walmart, Bi-Mart, etc.). If you would like advice on what to buy, please ask the staff as you check in or check our website. Thanks for your cooperation in this life safety issue.
• The telephone service in the residence halls is limited to local calls only. We suggest that you bring a telephone calling card or purchase one locally. Also, please do not bring 2.4 GHz cordless phones to campus. They interfere with the wireless network access on campus. We provide a standard telephone in each room. If you would like to bring a cordless phone, 900 MHz and 5.8 GHz cordless phones are both acceptable.
• Refrigerators are available for rent on a yearly basis (August-May) through the Reid Campus Center at 509-527-5208. The rental cost for the academic year is $50 plus a $25 refundable deposit. To reserve a refrigerator, complete the rental reservation form available at tinyurl.com/resfridges.
• If you have any further questions or concerns regarding residence life, please contact the Office of Residence Life and Housing at 509-527-5297 or email@example.com.