Reg Info for Returning Students
Spring 2014 Pre-registration Instructions for Faculty
Web pre-registration appointments for the spring will be scheduled as shown below. Students will receive appointment times and instructions from the Registrar's Office via email. Appointment times will also be available on the student's CLEo account.
Class of 2014 Thursday, Nov 7, 4:30 - 8 pm
Class of 2015 (OCS) Friday, Nov 8, 4:30 - 8 pm (open until Monday, Nov 11 at 8 am)
Class of 2016 Monday, Nov 11, 4:30 - 9 pm
Class of 2017 Tuesday, Nov 12, 4:30 - 9 pm
· Instructions for giving adviser and instructor consent through the portal are available on the Registrar’s web page at http://www.whitman.edu/content/registrar/fac_staff/reg_packet. Also available are links to pre-registration instructions for both students and faculty.
- The spring course schedule is available on “Search for Classes/Enrollment Information” in the Faculty Toolbox at my.whitman.edu.
· Students have been instructed to make an appointment with their academic adviser to discuss their schedule for the spring prior to their pre-registration time. Please give your advisees electronic adviser clearance as soon as you are done meeting with them as they WILL NOT be able to register without this approval (see the Portal Instruction Sheet for details).
· Students will not be allowed to enroll in academic overloads during pre-registration. Your advisees may add up to 18 academic credits and any activity credits they wish at this time. During the add period in January, they can then enroll in additional academic credits upon approval of an Academic Overload request.
· A new feature for spring: students may also contact the Registrar’s Office in the evenings through a Live Chat option while they register.
· The Registrar’s Office will be staffed during all student pre-registration appointment times. Students may call us at x5983, email email@example.com, use Live Chat, or visit Memorial 212 and we will be happy to help with any issues.
· Students will be allowed access to web pre-registration starting at their appointment time through 8:00 am the following day, with the exception of the Class of 2015 as noted above. Capacities will be updated for classes controlling enrollments by class year by Noon each day.
· Pre-registration will remain open to students until the last day of finals, December 20.
· Students must request instructor consent to be pre-registered for a closed or consent class. This consent must be given via the portal (my.whitman.edu) by clicking on the ‘Manage Consents’ link on the right side of the page and inserting the student’s name. (see the Portal Instruction Sheet for details).
· Once you grant consent, an automated confirmation email will be sent to the student asking that they follow the instructions to accept the request to add the class. Their acceptance will automatically be emailed to the Registrar’s Office and they will be pre-registered in your class. The student will receive confirmation that the addition has been made. They may check the status of their consent requests via CLEo at any time.
Academic Overload approval
- Students must have a 3.50 or higher cumulative GPA.
- Students must have a 3.50 or higher previous semester's GPA in courses completed at Whitman.
- Students must obtain signatures of support from all instructors of the courses they completed the previous semester at Whitman on an Academic Overload Form.
- Students must submit the Academic Overload Form signed by their adviser and previous semester's instructors to the Registrar's Office for final approval.
- Requests for more than 18 academic credits that do not meet the above criteria will be granted by the Board of Review only in truly exceptional circumstances in which there is exigent need to take an academic overload (such as the need to graduate).