Welcome to Whitman College Off-Campus Studies (OCS)! We believe that an understanding of a culture or region other than one's own is an important part of a liberal arts education and a key to developing future leaders in an increasingly interdependent global society.
Speaking of Powerful and Transformative Semesters.....read what Whitman OCS alums have shared.
- "Study abroad changed my life for the better. My time away made me more confident about myself and skills sets for my future life endeavors."
- "It is quite empowering to step outside of one's comfort zone and experience something totally new."
- "One of my favorite aspects of this semester is learning the different perspectives my professors and my European friends have about world issues and U.S. policies. Understanding their views will be invaluable when I return to Whitman and work towards finishing my Politics major."
What's special about OCS at Whitman?
- OCS course credits are pre-approved for transfer to your Whitman degree.
- Students who study off campus for a semester still graduate on time.
- OCS Advisers offer customized advising before, during, and after your off-campus studies experience.
Here are a few fun facts:
- Students can study 23 different languages on Whitman Partner Programs
- 97% of U.S. students who study abroad secure a job within one year of gradutation
- A recent national survey of business and non-profit leaders indicated that 93% believed “a demonstrated capacity to think critically, communicate clearly, and solve complex problems is more important than a candidate’s undergraduate major.” (IES Abroad)
We hope you find what you are looking for on our Off-Campus Studies (OCS) website. If you have questions or concerns, don't hesitate to contact one of our staff members at (509) 527-4992 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.