Rights and Responsibilities
Financial aid recipients should be responsible:
- To understand the nature of the financial aid and commitments made by recipients in accepting the offers and conditions of the offers.
- To repay loans.
- To submit forms (i.e., Profiles, FAFSAs, loan applications, affidavits, tax forms, etc.).
- To meet deadlines.
- To endorse checks and sign vouchers when asked.
- To notify lenders of changes in name, address, or school status.
- To know and comply with Whitman's refund policy.
- To participate in an exit interview regarding loan repayment when leaving the college.
- To notify the financial aid office of any outside scholarships they receive regardless of whether they are sent directly to Whitman or to the student.
Students have the right:
- To learn about and be considered for all financial aid programs for which they are eligible.
- To review their financial aid award and the applications if permission is given by the parent(s).
- To know the deadlines for applying for aid.
- To know costs of the college and Whitman's refund policy.
- To learn about Whitman policies affecting their aid.
- To know their responsibilities.