- DO NOT PANIC!
- Use the Bomb Threat Checklist to try to gather information about the exact location of the bomb, the detonation time, description of the bomb, and type of explosive.
- Keep the caller talking. Keep the line open – do not hang ups the phone even if the caller does. Try to get the attention of someone else who can call 911.
- Do not touch or move suspicious objects. Notify the bomb squad and clear the area.
- If notified to evacuate the building:
- Walk quickly but calmly to exits. Reserve the use of elevators for persons with disabilities. Provide assistance to persons with disabilities as necessary.
- Leave the doors and windows open to minimize damage in the event of a blast.
- Leave the building and move to a safe distance (at least 300 feet) or as directed by emergency personnel or College officials.
- Do not re-enter the building until you are told that it is safe to do so.
Bomb Threat Checklist
Questions to ask:
When is the bomb going to explode?
Where is it right now?
What does it look like?
What kind of bomb it is?
What will cause it to explode?
Did you place the bomb?
What is your address?
What is your name?
Exact Wording of Threat: ________________________________________________
Sex of caller ______
Length of call _____
Phone number where call was received ______________
___Well spoken (educated)
___Message was read
___Message was taped
Your name __________________________________________________________
Position _________________________ Date ____________________________
Phone number _______________________________
Is The Callers Voice:
Cracking voice __
Clearing throat __
Deep Breathing ___
If the voice is familiar who did it sound like?_________________________
Street noises ___
Animal Noises ___
Office machinery ___
House noises ____
P.A. System _____
Long Distance ___
Factory machinery ___
Report the call immediately to the Police: 911