Reporting an Incident of Sexual Misconduct
The Sexual Misconduct Report Form is an anonymous, confidential way to report incidents of sexual misconduct. These forms are available in locations across campus including:
- All residence hall sections
- All interest houses
- Reid Campus Center restrooms
- Academic Resource Center
- Counseling Center
- Dean of Students Office
- Health Center
- Residence Life Office
- Security Office
All completed reporting forms need to be returned to Barbara Maxwell, Sexual Misconduct Prevention Coordinator, where they will be maintained in a secure, confidential file for seven years from the date reported. The anonymous, confidential Sexual Misconduct Reporting Form serves three primary purposes:
- This form allows the Sexual Misconduct Prevention Coordinator to contact the incident 'reporter' to confirm receipt of the report and to ask if the reporter needs information and/or assistance. Note: A Sexual Misconduct Report Form cannot be introduced in conjunction with any of the procedures specified in Whitman's Sexual Misconduct Policy; initiation of those procedures requires that the involved student contact either the Student Conduct Administratior or the Dean of Students. The Sexual Misconduct Report Form will be maintained in a secure file for seven years from the date it is filed, at which time it will be distroyed.
- This form allows the College to track which services are being accessed and will assist the College in doing a more effective job of educating students in regard to the services available for dealing with sexual misconduct. It also allows incidents of sexual misconduct to be posted in the College's daily crime log which is maintained by Security.
- This form allows the College to report more accurately the number of sexual misconduct incidents occurring on campus each year. These numbers are reported in our annual campus security report in compliance with the "Clery Act".
Click here to access the online form. It will open in a new window.