Do you need photos for a publication or Web site? Do you know about something going on that’s “photogenic?” Are you hosting an event? Contact the photography office!
Matt Banderas, Communications Officer/Photographer, firstname.lastname@example.org, 527-5969, Boyer House
Photos go a long way in helping tell the Whitman story, so the Office of Communications works to accommodate the strategic photography needs of the college. The staff arranges photo coverage by the college photographer, local professionals or one of our hired student photographers for major events involving the college. They also take photos for use with stories that are developed for the college’s print publications and Web site, as assigned by the director of communications or magazine editor.
Here’s how it works
The Office of Communications stores an array of file photos that are available for use by the campus community. Because the inventory is comprehensive, it’s important to provide ample advance notice of file photo needs. Photographs taken by the Office of Communications must have an expressed purpose for the college and must accompany a purpose or story of general interest to the campus community or beyond. In order to process your request, please contact Matt Banderas at email@example.com.
For event photography coverage, consider these recommendations:
- Think of your photographic needs when planning your event and make your request for coverage when you set the event date. Request photographer at least two weeks prior to your event and one month prior to a major event.
- It is important that you know — and communicate to the photographer — what you plan to do with the photos in order for the photographer to capture what you need.
- If requesting coverage of an event of some duration, please indicate a time frame when you expect the best photo opportunities to take place. Staff attending the event cannot always stay for its duration.
- All photos are in digital format and will be sent via campus mail on a CD.
For photographs for Whitman publications and brochures, we recommend that you:
- Ask your designer first for advice on photo use, image size, etc.
- If possible, contact us at least two weeks in advance if you need a file photograph from the Communications archive.
Available Photography Services
- Campus event photography
- Heads shots/portraits (for Web sites, publicity photos, etc.)
- Digital photo archive requests
It’s important to know that...
Due to resources, we may not be able to honor “photos of record” requests. Although photos are now shot digitally, the process for getting your photos still takes time, since we receive and handle requests from the entire campus community. Please allow ample time for your request to be photographed and processed and understand that quality takes time. If your photo/photography request is submitted without ample advance notice, we may not be able to provide coverage.