The Whitman College Office of Communications plays a dual role in the life of the college – we both advise and serve campus community members when it comes to communicating Whitman’s key messages, announcements and targeted information to our varied audiences.
We are a team of professionals who serve to:
- Provide counsel toward developing and attaining outcome-oriented communications goals, objectives and strategies.
- Execute strategies and action plans toward your desired outcomes.
- Help lead key external messaging for a variety of marketing and communications purposes.
Even if you don’t have a specific project or need in mind, please feel free to talk with us about your departmental purposes and goals. It is a good idea to meet with us periodically to share what's new or what's happening in your area. This sets the stage for discussions about how targeted communications can help you.
We hope you will find this guide useful and helpful as you consider the communications needs of your area. It is designed to explain the resources and services available to you and support the effort to incorporate effective communications strategies and tactics toward meeting your goals and objectives.
The Communications Office is part of the Development and College Relations group, led by Vice President John Bogley ’85. Three work groups compose the Communications Office – communications, printing and mailing.
The mission of the Whitman College Office of Communications is:
- To promote Whitman College as a liberal arts institution of national significance.
- To communicate the goals and accomplishments of Whitman’s people, programs and departments.
- To support cultivation and stewardship efforts targeting each of the college’s constituencies.
- To serve as a resource for the campus community.
- Whitman’s Office of Communications is a team of professionals who are experts in both their specialty areas and customer service.
- The team works in concert to develop communications ideas and strategies and execute action plans that help advance Whitman’s mission.