New Faculty Lunch Series 2013-2014 (pdf)
All new faculty are welcome to join these programs in Memorial 328 (typically 12-1 pm - lunch is provided). You will receive an invitation before each program from Susan Bennett in the Provost and Dean of Faculty Office (x5399). See events for registration information.
New Faculty Orientation August 26-28, 2013
The New Faculty Orientation program is intended to introduce new faculty to the Academic culture at Whitman College and to assist new faculty in final preparations for the academic year.
Transitioning to Whitman and Walla Walla
Susan Bennett (509) 527-5399 Executive Assistant to the Provost and Dean of the Faculty.
Qi Jia (509)527-5397 Senior Academic Assistant in the Office of the Provost and Dean of the Faculty
Ruth Ladderud (509)527-5789 Administrative Assistant in the Office of the Provost and Dean of the Faculty
Course Related Questions: Contact your Department Chair
Instructional Technology Questions:
Payroll and Benefits Questions:
Telara McCullough (509) 527-5941 Human Resources, Compensation and Benefits Manager
Course Preparation Materials
Class Enrollment Information Contains basic information about the number of students enrolled in your course and the number of students on a waitlist.
Syllabus Related Resources
- A Whitman Generated Syllabus Guide. Whitman Syllabus Guide
- Sample Syllabi from previous academic years at Whitman.
- Academic Calendar 2013-2014
- Note deadlines and special dates
- Faculty Forum - 12-1 pm Wednesday - Faculty presentations on topics of personal interest.
- 4 pm Wednesday - Meeting time used for monthly faculty meetings and often used for other committee, departmental, or divisional meetings.
- Online Course and Syllabus Design Tools
- Academic Honesty Policy Statement about academic honesty.
- Attendance Policy College policy about class attendance and excused absences can be found in the Faculty Code, chapter V, page 114.
For questions about the Center for Teaching and Learning, please contact Lisa Perfetti.