Step by Step Guide to Preparing Your Honors Thesis for Submission to the Library
Step 1: Declaring your intent to go for honors
Submit the Honors in Major Study Application to department/committee chair before October break.
Step 2: Write your Thesis!
As you write your thesis, even though your head is buried in research and draft writing, here are a few “housekeeping” things to keep in mind:
- The Purpose of submitting your thesis to the Library.
- The Margins, Spacing, and Type you must use.
- Your thesis must be properly formatted. This is not just something you do at the end of the writing process; you should be considering it all along.
- We advise you think about page numbering now, rather than later.
- Stay informed about the use of images and media such as audio and video.
Step 3: Printing and Digital Submission Preparation
Keep in mind what you need to print and how which are detailed in the Printing and Submission page.
Step 4: Submit! (by Reading Day, May 14, 2014; Fall semester Dec 12, 2014 )
Follow the Checklist of Key Due Dates and Requirements to submit your thesis.