Study Rooms, Supplies, & Lockers
Penrose Library has eight large group study rooms available for groups of two or more students to use on a first-come, first-serve basis. Three media viewing rooms for individual students are also available. Keys for the rooms may be checked out at the Circulation Desk for three-hour time period, and may be renewed once, provided no one else is waiting to use the room.
A limited number of supplies may be purchased at the Circulation Desk. These include laptop locks, headphones, thumb drives, blank CD/DVDs. Please inquire at the desk.
Penrose Library has 164 lockers available to Whitman College senior students. The lockers are located on the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th floors and are assigned throughout the year according to need. To receive a key, the student must come to the Circulation Desk and present a Whitman College ID and a signed Senior Privileges Form to a Circulation Supervisor.
Failure to comply with the locker policy may result in the loss of locker privileges.
- Library books must be checked out to a student or they will be removed.
- No food, beverages, alcohol, or illegal substances may be kept in lockers.
- Lockers are subject to periodic inspections by Library staff.
- Library journals, reference books, or other restricted library materials may not be retained in lockers. If any of these materials are found in the lockers, they will be removed and returned to the collection.
- Students who do not return the key by the due date will be fined. A $31 replacement fee will be charged if the key is lost or stolen.