Past Student Research
- Dave Allderdice (2000): Interpretation
of Anomalous and Previously Unmapped Fransican Complex in the Gualala
Block, northern California Coast
- Ingrid Backstrom (2000): Field Technician,
Shannon & Wilson, Inc.
- Kira Badyrka (2010): Palenontologic and Sr Isotopic Age Analysis of Waccamaw Formation, Waccamaw River and Intracoastal Waterway, Horry County, South Carolina
- Emily Baker (2002): Lichenometry of the
- Emily Baker (2010): Development of a Local Meteoric Water line for Areas near the Teton Crest in Grand Teton National Park, Wyoming
- Kirsten Bannister (1998): Sedimentation,
Stratigraphy, and Paleoenvironments of the Lower Members of the Carmel
Formation (Middle Jurassic, southwestern Utah).
- Theo Barnhart (2010): Glaciomarine Sediment Flux and Transportation Mechanisms, Kronebreen/Kongsvegan, Kongsfjorden, Svalbard
- Beth Bartel (1998): Maximum Glaciation and
Deglaciation History of Clarks Fork Lobe of the Yellowstone Ice Sheet,
Wyoming and Montana.
- Cindy Bartlett (1995): Source and Origin
of an Ice-rafted Bergmound, SE Washington.
- Kirby Bean (1995): Rock Glaciers of the Miller
Mountain area, Absaroka Mountains, Montana.
- Martin Bevis (2005): Glaciation of Ugwi Yamaa
Valley, Kharkhiraa Uul
- Margo Burton (2002): The end of The Little
Ice Age, Mendenhall Glacier, Juneau, Alaska
- Megan Berney-Roberts (2004): Upper Ordovician
Rocks of Tavan Har Regions, Southeastern Mongolia
- Justin Brooks (2001): Quaternary Geology
of the Tumanmyun Hills, Khovsgol, Mongolia
- Cooper Brossy (2003): Cinder Cone reconstruction
at Craters of the Moon National Monument
- Joel Byersdorfer (2002): The History
of the Laurentide Ice Sheet During the Last Glacial Maximum, Southwestern
- Dan Cadol (2003): Paleoclimate of the Albion
Range, southern Idaho
- Tamara Carley (2008): Mineralogical variation in paleoflood deposits in the Walla Walla Valley, Washington: A case study for the development of Portable X-Ray Fluorescence Spectrometry (PXRF)
- Deron Carter (1996): The Geology of the
Juneau Icefield Research Program's Camp 26 Nunatak, Northeastern Coast
Mountains, Northwestern British Columbia.
- Matt Clausen (2000) and Molly Gerber
(2000): Geomorphic evolution of the Grande Ronde and John Day Rivers,
- Brian Coggan (2007): Glaciation of the Davaatin Area in the Hangay Mountains, Central Mongolia
- Skye Cooley (1996) and Brian Pidduk (1997): Mechanism and Timing of Emplacement of Clastic Dikes in the Touchet
Beds of the Walla Walla Valley, South-Central Washington.
- Kat Compton (2008): Strain Analysis and Integration: Quantifying the Deformation of the Laghettie Area, Maggia Nappe, Switzerland
- Mary Jane Coombs (2000): Threats to water
quality in the deep basalt aquifer, city of Walla Walla, Washington
- William Davidson (2008): The Effects of Vegetation Removal by Clear Cutting on Temperature at the Saddle Mountain SNOTEL Site, Oregon Coast Range
- Maya T. Del Margo (1996): Detailed facies
mapping of Jurassic carbonates in the area around Monte Pietroso and
Monte Scocione in the Apennine mountains of Italy.
- Ian Delaney (2010): New Chronologic and Geomorphic Anaalyses of Debris Flows on Mount Rainier, Washington
- Bala Dodoye-Alali (1998): Terrace Correlation
from Pedology along the Maury River, Virginia.
- Alice A Enevoldsen (2005): Change in
the Magma Chamber of Olympus Mons on Mars
- Kate Farrington (2008), Pre-Late Wisconsin Outburst Floods and Their Pathways
- David Fee (2002): Seismic Study of the Northern
South Island, New Zealand.
- Liz Forbes (2010): Establishing Paleoclimate Variation From Major and Trace Elements and Stable Isotopes in a Tufa Deposit, Wisconsin
- Alison Gillespie and Devon Macauley (2001):
Interpreting Paleoclimate from soils in Northern Mongolia
- Brandon Gillis (1996): Geology of the Coldigioco-Castellaro
Basin in the northern Apennine fold and thrust belt, Italy.
- Ryan Gold (2003): Remote sensing techniques
for landslide detection: a comparative study between lidar imagery and
- Tara Gregg (2005): How Deep is the Sandbox?
Using Gravity Reconnaissance to Measure Sediment Depth in Cyclone Graben,
- Ronald Griffiths (1996): Raised Holocene
Marine Terraces Along the Northern California Coast.
- Jamie Hinderliter (2006): The Big Sink
- Chris Iacoboni (2006): Geomorphology of
the Saddle Mountain East Fault, Olympic Peninsula, Washington
- Matt Jenkins (2007): Geologic Setting and Vulnerability of Pacific Northwest Communities to Tsunami-Induced Contamination of Water Resources
- Adam Johnson (2005: Fluvial Quartz Interbeds
in the Columbia River Basalts, Blue Mountains
- Pat Kailey (2005): Slope Instability in the
Eastern Kharkhiraa Uul
- Chris Kitchen (2002): Southwest Florida
Coastal and Estuarine Environment Response to Sea Level Change
Over the Late Holocene.
- Gwen Leslie (2008), Natural History of Juniper Canyon, Oregon
- Kate Logan (2008), Quiet Water and Great Floods: A Story of the Steamboat Rock Silt, Grand Coulee, WA
- Season Martin (2008), Tracing Terroir: Soil Mineralogic Effects on Vitis vinifera, Walla Walla, WA
- Sara McCune (2010), Improving Forest Road Management: An Anlysis of Factors Influencing Road-to-Stream Connectivity In the Wall Creek Watershed, Umatilla National Forest, Oregon
- Jennifer McIntosh (1998): Geology, Petrology,
and Geochemistry of a Portion of the High Cascades in Southern Oregon-Northern
California, South of the Klamath River Gorge.
- Ashley Meganck (2004): Volcanic Stratigraphy
of Langadalsfjall on the Skagi Peninsula, Iceland
- Emily Mendell (2006): Fossil Forests in the Canadian Arctic
- Della Mosier (1996): Magmatic Differentiation
in a Columbia River Basalt Dike, Northeasern Oregon.
- Jenn New (2003): The history of climate change
recorded in the glacial sediment of Ohio bogs.
- Jo Nissenbaum (2005): Paleoenvironment
of Carboniferous Conglomerate, Kharkhiraa Uul
- Shannon Othus (2006): Volcaniclastic interbeds
and their possible involvement in initiation of mass wasting in the
Big Sink, Oregon
- Suzy Oversvee (2000): Earthquake Hazards,
Walla Walla county
- Ryan Porter (2006): Anisotropic Magnetic
Susceptibility of Felsic Flows on the North Shore of Lake Superior,
- Courtney Porte (2010), Secondary Mineralization in Flow-Tops of Columbia River Basalts: Implications for the Sequestration of Anthropogenic Carbon
- Jim Riesterer (1995): Mammalian Fauna
in the Touchet Beds, SE Washington.
- Kate Ritley (2004): Yardangs and Dome Dunes
of Mongolia's Gobi
- Robin Rousu (2000): Watershed Dynamics, southwest
- Samantha Saalfield (2004): Interpreting
the Holocene Paleoclimate of Ireland through Chemical Analysis of Lake
- Peter Sak (1995): Structural Geology in the
Indus River Syntaxis, NW Pakistan.
- Ben Schiffer (1995): Geology, Petrology
and Geochemistry of a section of the High Cascades south of Mt. McLoughlin,
- Ben Schupack 2007:
1) Mechanisms and Process of Suspended Sediment Transport and Deposition in High Arctic Proglacial Lake Linnévatnet, Svalbard, Norway.
2) Lava or Ice? Field Studies of Terrestrial Volcanic Analogs for Platy Flows on Mars.
- Emily Seider (2007): The Significance of Sulfates and Sulfides in Silurian Bentonites at Arisaig, Nova Scotia
- Matt Silver (2002): Wrinkle Ridge Formation
North of Orcus Patera, Mars
- Andrea Seymour (2009) , Ice Lake Valley Glaciation, HÖH SERH Range, Mongolian Altai
- Jonah Stinson (2004): Longitudinal Dunes
of the Tavan Har Crater, Southeastern Gobi, Mongolia
- Laurel Stratton (2007): Holocene Vegetation and Climate Changes in the Hangay Mountains, Central Mongolia
- Clare Tochilin (2010): Paleomagnetic Evidence and Implications for Structural Block Rotation
- Rob Tonnsen (2000): Tectonometamorphic
Evolution of Cycladic Subduction Zone Rocks, Syros, Greece
- Liz Townsend (2010): Stream Restoration in Northeastern Oregon Through Beaver Reintroduction
- Heidi Van Auken (1998): The Changing Walla
Walla River: A 200 Year Perspective, with Emphasis on Inundation due
to the Construction of McNary Dam on the Columbia River.
- Jacque Vaughan (2004): Texas Bar Landslide
near Ukiah, Oregon
- Katie Wagner (2004): Life History and Shell
Morphological Variation in a Gastropod Species Flock from Lake Tanganyika,
- Karl Wegmann (1996): Geology of a Proterozoic
Deep Crustal Intrusion, Quetico Provincial Park, Ontario.
- Juliana Williams (2007): Paleoseismic Analysis of the Egiin Davaa Fault, Hangay Mountains, Mongolia
- Johannah Withrow-Robinson (2008), Erosion of Reservoir Sediment Following the Removal of the Marmot Dam, Sandy River, Oregon
- Charlie Woodruff (2001): Hydrothermal
Alteration Zones and landscape evolution in the City of Rocks, Idaho
- Ryuhei Yokokawa (2008), Spectrometry, Minerals, and Mars: Development of a Lab
- Morgan Zeliff (2006): Evaluating Geologic
Hazards Associated with Faulting on the Olympic Peninsula
Return to the Geology Department
Return to the Whitman College homepage