Glover Alston Center
The Glover Alston Center is a resource to facilitate Whitman’s commitment to sustaining a diverse community. By providing a safe space for meaningful conversation and interaction, the Glover Alston Center welcomes and supports differences, collaborates with academic departments, encourages input from divergent perspectives, enhances intercultural and international awareness, and models respect for all in the Whitman community. The Glover Alston Center achieves this by serving as:
- A unique place for programs to develop education, understanding, and community involvement.
- A place where conversations about diversity, difference, multiculturalism and social justice occur.
- A social and academic space for collaboration between members of the Whitman community.
- A meeting place and home for campus organizations and clubs.
- An open space for meditation, contemplation, and reflection.
With this facility, the Whitman community hopes to foster meaningful exchanges between individuals and groups for the greater understanding and mutual respect of one another by encouraging engagement, leadership development and learning.
The Glover Alston Center is located near the west side of the campus, at 26 Boyer Ave.
Keep up to date on Intercultural Center and Diversity Club programs and events by visiting the Whitman College Intercultural Center Facebook page.