The Whitman College Young Democrats are committed to the principles of equality, fairness, and social justice for all people regardless of race, color, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, physical disability, or any other basis established by federal, state, and local laws.
- Our strong support of civil rights and human rights help all of us realize the dreams of our country’s founders.
- Participation and concern on our part helps ensure we have safe communities to live in and that all persons are treated justly and fairly under the law.
- We believe access to health care is a basic human right. It must be available to each and every one of us.
- We believe education is government’s most important function.
- Economic justice for working families is essential for the realization of a democratic society.
- Every individual has a fundamental right to clean air, pure water, safe food and a healthy natural environment.
These principles give strength to our society and provide hope and opportunity for future generations.
Courtesy of the 2002 Washington State Democratic Party Platform
Questions or comments about this page? Contact the Webmaster.