NPDA, NPTE, CEDA and NDT Sweeps Counting Process Page
For the top four teams at the top four tournaments:
Preliminary Points: Equals the decimal percentage of preliminary rounds won, multiplied by five (with a minimum of 1 point given).
Elim Points: Two points for each elim win for the elimination rounds (that meet NPDA rules).
A. 50% preliminary round win record: 2 points
B. 50.1-60% preliminary round win record: 2.5 points
C. 60.1-75% preliminary round win record: 3 points
(3-1, 4-2, 5-2, 5-3, 6-2)
D. 75.1-99.9% preliminary round win record: 3.5 points
(4-1, 5-1, 6-1, 7-1)
E. 100% preliminary round win record: 4 points
F. Advanced to elims in the top half of teams or had a winning record: 1 point.
G. Each elimination round win: 1 point so long as the team advanced to elims in the top half of teams or had a winning record. However:
1. Teams shall not be able to earn more than 6 elimination round points but shall be able to win tournament winner bonus.
2. After losing an elimination round, teams shall not be able to earn further NPTE points.
H. Tournament winner: 1 point shall be awarded to the team that wins the final round between two teams of a tournament.
1. If there is no final round with two teams due to a close out, the higher seeded team based on preliminary rounds shall be given this 1 point as well as the final round win point.
2. If there is no final round with two teams and no close-out, no tournament winner point nor any final round win point shall be given.
I. Bonus Points:
1. Bonus points are awarded to any team with a 50% or better preliminary record in open division at the tournament.
2. For each team over 20 teams in the open division, points will be increased by .1 points up to 1 point.
3. For each team in the open division whose school is located 400 or more driving miles from the tournament location, points will be increased by .1 points up to 1 point. For teams representing clubs, the college in which these students are enrolled shall determine the school location.
4. Hybrid Teams: The partner furthest from the tournament shall be used to determine the 400+ mile bonus point.
5. Maverick (solo debaters) shall count for bonus point teams and the 400+ mile bonus points.
6. 4 preliminary round tournaments will receive 50% of these bonus points.
1. Count your top six tournaments.
2. For each of the top six tournaments, count the two teams who scored the most points at each tournament.
3. To count a team's points, do this:
Count a team's last six prelim wins; each win counts for one point.
Count a team's elimination rounds this way: Unanimous elim wins count for three points. Split elim wins count for two points. Split elim losses count for one point. Unanimous elim losses count for no points.
1. Count your top eight tournaments.
2. For each of the top eight tournaments, count the two teams who scored the most points at each tournament.
3. To count a team's points add their prelim and elim scores using the following scale:
4-0 to 8-0: 16 points
5-1 to 7-1: 15 points
6-2, 3-1, 5-2: 14 points
4-2, 4-3, 5-3: 13 points
4-4, 3-3, 2-2: 12 points
3-5, 3-4, 2-5, 2-4: 11 points
1-3, 2-6: 10 points
1-5, 1-6, 1-7: 9 points
0-4 to 0-8: 8 points
Unanimous win: 6 points
Split win: 5 points
Split loss: 4 points
Unanimous loss: 3 points
Questions should be directed to Jim Hanson at email@example.com