Connect to GoPrint with Windows XP
- Click Start on the taskbar and choose Run.
- In the Open field, type \\goprint.whitman.edu and click OK
- Locate the printer you would like to connect to from the list that appears.
- Right click on that printer and click Connect.
- If a message pops up saying goprint will install drivers on your computer that could contain viruses, click Yes to continue.
You are now connected to that printer.
Any time you are connected to the Whitman Wireless Network, you can print to that printer from anywhere on campus simply by selecting File -> Print and then \\goprint[name]_[of]_[printer] and clicking Print. You may also set the printer to your default printer by going to Control Panel -> Printer, then right clicking on that printer and selecting Set as Default Printer. Then whenever you print using a print button or icon, the information will automatically print to that printer.
Install the GoPrint desktop client (optional)
You can optionally install the GoPrint desktop client, which provides an interface to the GoPrint web site.
- Log in to GoPrint at https://goprint.whitman.edu:7773/.
- Locate the For Your Desktop box in the bottom right-hand corner.
- Download and run the Windows installer.