Activating your Whitman Account
New Students, Faculty, or Staff
If you are a new student, faculty, or staff you must activate your campus account before you can access your Whitman email or the campus network.
To Activate your Account:
Make sure that you have your Datatel ID, the
digit number printed on the front of your Whitman ID card (under your
name). If you don't know your ID Number...
- Students - instructions on getting your ID Number were provided in your new student packet you received in May.
- Faculty - contact the Dean of Faculty office.
- Staff - contact Human Resources for your ID Number.
- Go to any computer connected to the Internet, open a web browser, go to https://rs.whitman.edu/activate and follow the instructions.
- Go slowly though the activation process, and read everything carefully. You are responsible for being aware of and understanding the policies and guidelines you are agreeing to abide by.
- You will see your password only once for security reasons. If you go past it, clicking the back button will not display your password again.
- Your password is case sensitive and should you choose to write it down, make absolutely sure it is kept in a safe place where you can find it easily, and change it to something unique at your first opportunity.
Continuing Students, Faculty, or Staff
If you are a continuing student, faculty, or staff member then your account will be re-activated, and you should still be able to use your same password as before.
If you have forgotten your password, please contact the WCTS Helpdesk at 509-527-4976 or email@example.com.