LDAP in Outlook 2007
- Go to Tools > Account Settings
- Select the Address Books tab and click New...
- Select Internet Directory Service (LDAP) and click Next
- In the box after
Server Name, type
- DO NOT check "This server requires me to log on"
- Click More Settings... A warning message may appear; if so, click OK
- Under the Search tab, select Custom and type the following exactly: ou=People, dc=whitman, dc=edu and click OK
- Click Next >Finish
- You will return to the Account Settings window. Notice that ldap.whitman.edu now appears in the list of Address Books.
- Click Close
- Click New in the top left corner to start writing a message. In the To: field, write a common first or last name, such as "Smith".
- Click the Check Names button in the ribbon at the top of the page. A list will appear displaying all the people registered in the Whitman directory who meet your search criteria, in this case "Smith". Select a name and click OK. Now, the next time you start to type "Smith" into the TO: field of a message, a drop-down list of people you have selected in the past will appear and you can quickly select among them.
- Click Address Book under the Tools menu
- In the window that opens, select ldap.whitman.edu from the Address Book list. Now type a name into the search field, click Go, and select the one you want.
- You can also search the directory while composing a message by clicking the Address Book button at the top of the window. This allows you to directly insert a name into the To: field of your message by selecting a name and clicking the To-> button.