LDAP in Mac Mail
- Go to the Mail menu in the upper left-hand corner of the screen and then select Preferences.
Preferences select the
Composing tab. Your window should look like this:
*If your window doesn't have the Configure LDAP button, skip down to the Previous Versions of Mac Mail.
- Make sure the Automatically complete addresses box is checked. Then, click the Configure LDAP button. A new window should pop up.
- Hit the + button in order to add the Whitman LDAP server.
- Another window will pop up here like the one below, with several blank fields. Fill in the following:
- Name: Whitman LDAP or whatever you would like to name the Whitman LDAP server.
- Server: ldap.whitman.edu
ou=People, dc=whitman, dc=edu
- Once completed, click Save.
- Now you should be able to search for Whitman College names and email addresses within Mac Mail.