Saving your Google Docs
Even though Google Docs are created and stored on Google's servers, you can save them to your computer if you are moving away from WhitMail.
- Log on to your WhitMail account and click on the Documents tab.
- Use the check boxes to select the Google Docs files that you wish to save to your computer.
- Go to the More Actions drop down menu and select Export.
- A screen will appear asking in which format you would like the files. Choose the desired format (the defaults are generally good) and select Download.
- The files will not be downloaded to your computer in .zip format. Simply double-click the .zip file to expand it and save your files. Note: If you have more than 2GB of files in Google Docs you will have to run the export process several times to download all of your files.