What's New? OCS 2013
For students studying off campus Fall 2013 or later
Whitman Off-Campus Studies (OCS) will be making some significant changes in its programming in 2013-14 in order to better serve study abroad students and to continue to maintain access to off-campus studies regardless of financial need. Because this set of changes will take effect Fall 2013, for simplicity we are calling it OCS 2013.
OCS 2013 will take effect Fall 2013 and include the following features for both study abroad programs and US-based Partner Programs:
- Expanded Partner Program list with many more study abroad programs in countries not currently available on our Partner List
- Closer linkages between the academic majors and specific OCS programs, including a list of recommended Partner Programs by major
- Ability to apply Whitman need-based aid and merit scholarships to all Partner Programs with consideration for extra aid when total basic program costs exceed the cost of a semester at Whitman College
- Full transferability of credit from Partner Programs towards the Whitman degree--major, minor, distribution and elective degree credits--when courses are pre-approved by the college
- Elimination of the $500 per semester Whitman OCS Administrative Fee
- Fees for participation on all OCS semester and yearlong programs will be based on Whitman tuition (in lieu of the program’s tuition), plus the actual program room and board fees.