Important Commencement Information
- Graduation Caps and Gowns - All graduating seniors were required to purchase their cap and gown online by April 9, 2012 at 8:59 p.m. Graduation caps and gowns will be distributed on Friday, May 18, from 10 a.m.-5:00 p.m. in the Whitman
College Bookstore. If you have not yet purchased your cap and gown, the vendor will be selling a limited number of caps and gowns on site for $40 and can accept cash only.
- Commencement Map - An updated map containing information about seating, restroom locations, accessibility, water stations, first aid, and much more.
- Senior Memo - READ THIS! An important memo with details about how graduating seniors participate in the Commencement ceremony, including how to wear your cap and gown, where and when to line up for the procession, and much more!
- Flowers & Leis - Pre-order flowers and leis to wear at Commencement. (optional)
- Diploma Frame - Order a frame for your diploma. (optional)
- Transcript Information - Order official transcripts via web, mail, fax, or in person.
- Yearbook - An entirely student-run production, the 2012 yearbook covers popular events, student housing, club and varsity sports teams, art shows, plays, theatre productions, Greek life, student clubs and more!
- Accessibility Information - Download a PDF detailing seating, restrooms, and other accessibility information for persons with disabilities. Special parking and a drop-off zone is available for guests with limited mobility. An ASL interpreter will be provided at both Baccalaureate and Commencement.
- Professional Photos - Detailed instructions for how to pose for your official Commencement photo and order copies of the photo and/or DVD following Commencement.
- Green Pledge - List of students who have taken the Green Pledge.
- Career Development & Post-Grad Internships - Get the career advice and help you need, from fine-tuning job search materials to identifying potential employers to researching graduate programs and post-baccalaureate internships. Seniors are encouraged to contact the Student Engagement Center to obtain a list of mentors from our Career Consultant Network who can help you learn about their career field, their employer and sometimes help with job leads.
- Senior Handbook - The Senior Handbook contains information of interest to current seniors at Whitman College, including academic deadlines and requirements.
- Whitman Hymn - Lyrics for "Whitman! Here's to You!", to be sung at the close of the Commencement ceremony.
- Extreme Weather Plan - Extreme weather is defined as conditions that are unsafe, such as severe winds, lightning, or hail. Weather that is merely uncomfortable, such as steady or intermittent rain or very hot or cold temperatures, are not considered extreme.