Two ways to gain access to articles and obituaries published in the Walla Walla Union-Bulletin or other local newspapers:
- Microfilms are available on the ground (first) floor of Penrose Library in the Whitman College and Northwest Archives and may be accessed Monday through Friday 10:00-noon and 1:00-4:00.
- Freelance researchers unaffiliated with the archives are available to locate and copy articles and obituaries for a fee. Research fees must be paid in advance, whether or not the search yields the desired articles. The research fee schedule is as follows:
- $25.00 minimum charge for up to one hour of research. Patrons will be contacted if the first hour of research yields no results.
- $12.50 per half hour after the first hour
- Each hour of research includes 20 copies. Additional copies cost 10¢ per page.
- Large numbers of copies or CDs may require additional charges for postage or supplies.
- Please make all payments by check, payable to the individual researcher.
Requests may also be mailed to: Donna Cummins, Memorial 302, Whitman College, 345 Boyer Avenue, Walla Walla, WA 99362.