INDIVIDUAL VISIT OPTIONS
Times and availability are affected by seasons, holidays, orientation/exam schedules and certain campus events.
If you are requesting a visit with less than a week’s notice, please be aware that we can only guarantee a campus tour and information session.
50 minutes during academic year; 90 minutes during the summer.
Available to: All Visitors
Take a walk through the Whitman College campus with a student guide. The tour includes a residence hall, academic buildings, our state of the art athletic facilities, the art building, and the student campus center.
Summer hours (May - August): 9:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m.
Fall, Winter & Spring hours (September - April): 9:00 a.m., 11:00 a.m., and 2:30 p.m. (no 9am tour during vacations and orientation/exam periods.)
45 minutes. Primarily for those beginning their college search.
Available to: All Visitors
A member of the Admission Office staff will discuss, in a group setting, the distinguishing features of a Whitman education and answer any questions about academic programs, life on campus, the process of admission and applying for financial aid.
Summer hours (May - August): 11:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m.
Fall, Winter & Spring hours (September - April): 1:30 p.m.
Additional Visit Options
High School Seniors and Transfer Students may also request an interview, 30-minute meeting with an Admission Officer, classroom visit, overnight stay on campus or lunch hosted by current Whitman students.
High School Juniors may also request a classroom visit and lunch hosted by current Whitman students. Interviews become available May 1 or later of their junior year through January 15 of their senior year.
School Counselors are welcome to take a tour and sit in on an information session. We also invite you to request a 30-minute meeting with an Admission Officer.
Group Visits can be requested below.
60 Minutes with an Admission Officer or Senior Intern.
Available for prospective first-year applicants from May 1 (junior year) through January 15 (senior year); transfer applicants through March 1.
Interviews are an opportunity for you to meet one-on-one with an admission representative to discuss your academic and extracurricular interests and ask questions.
Students who are unable to interview on campus may be able to interview with an Admission Officer in their area at certain times of the year: Whitman on the Road.
Available from January 16-May 1.
Meetings are reserved for students who have submitted an application for the upcoming academic year. These meetings serve as an informal conversation with an Admission Officer during which questions regarding the admission timeline and financial aid can be addressed. Parents are welcome to join.
Overnight Stay in a Residence Hall
Visit must be booked at least 10 days in advance; available Sun -Thurs nights during most of the academic year.
High school seniors and transfer candidates are welcome to stay overnight with a trained, approved student host.
Not available during summer, holidays/vacations, exam/orientation periods and certain campus events.
High school juniors, seniors and transfer candidates are encouraged to attend a class during their visit. Seniors and transfer students are given priority for academic classes in October, March and April. During those months, juniors will be scheduled for Encounters, Whitman’s first-year requirement course (10am on Mondays, 11am on Wednesdays and Fridays). Class visits are for prospective students only.
Lunch With Current Students
Whitman and its catering service Bon Appétit get rave reviews for food services. Lunch hosted by current students is available any weekday during the academic year with the exception of holidays, exams/orientation periods, and certain campus events.
11:00 AM Campus Tour, 12:00 PM Information Session
Saturday visits are offered on most weekends September through early May. The office is open from 9:00 AM. to 1:00 PM Interviews are also available to high school seniors and transfer applicants, though availability is limited.
Other Visit Options
Visitors' Days are a great opportunity to get an overview of the college and see our community in action, all in one day! While attending a Visitors' Day students can take a tour of campus, listen to a panel on student life, ask questions about potential majors and learn about our many extracurricular activities. All high school and transfer students are welcome to attend a Visitors' Day. Specific information on schedules and registration is typically posted online about a month prior to the event. We do not limit the number of attendees. Click here for more information, when it becomes available.
Whitman is happy to assist you in scheduling your group’s visit. We request a minimum of 3 weeks’ notice for all group requests; a longer lead time is suggested for visits in October or early March.
- Campus visits are available for a variety of groups: alumni, art tours, etc., and are encouraged for middle and high school students.
- Student tours must include a minimum of 1 adult chaperone per 10 students. Options include a tour and/or a group session with an Admission staff member (based on availability.)
- Group visits are available Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays, and are limited in size to 50 people.
- Group visits are NOT available during vacation times, orientation or exam periods, the final two weeks of March, nor the month of April. Please refer to our Campus Visit Calendar.
- For summer group requests: we will do our best to accommodate your group request; summer is a very busy time for individual visits and we have limited tour guide availability. Please contact the Campus Visit Coordinator at email@example.com to see if a group visit is possible.
- Click here to get started on your group visit request.
To request a visit outside the above guidelines, please contact the Campus Visit Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Give careful consideration to your choice of activities - we plan your visit based on options you select.
- If you need to make a change to your visit, contact the Campus Visit Coordinator at 877-462-9448 or email@example.com. Please do not enter another visit request.
- Check the weather before you leave arrive on campus – our tours head out, rain or shine!
- Arrival time: list the date/time you plan to be available on campus for activities, rather than the time you arrive in town.
- Plan to arrive at least 15 minutes prior to your first appointment to check in and receive your schedule. Your final confirmation email will include where and when to report for your visit.
- Most visits will include an extensive tour of campus - comfortable shoes are a good idea!
- Visit requests are processed in order of the visit date – your final confirmation email will come closer to your visit date.
If there are mobility issues, please contact the Visit Coordinator at 877-462-9448 or firstname.lastname@example.org.