|Date: 08/05/2011||Office/Department: Outdoor Program|
|Starting Wage: Minimum Wage||Supervisor: OP Assistant Director|
|Openings: No||Department Head: OP Program Director|
The Whitewater manager is responsible for maintaining all whitewater related equipment within the Outdoor Program, including, but not limited to Rafts, kayaks and accessories. Direct responsibilities include 1) performing repairs under supervision; 2) assisting in OP Trip preparation (loading/unloading gear); 3) ordering equipment; 4) maintaining an up to date inventory.
- Care and maintenance of all Outdoor Program whitewater equipment.
- Perform repairs and other maintenance as needed.
- Care and maintenance of all tools.
- Keep inventory up to date.
- Maintain a clean working environment.
- Attend scheduled training sessions.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Uphold all policies of the Outdoor Program and Outdoor Rental Shop.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Raft/kayak repair experience required.
- Knowledge whitewater equipment and other related equipment necessary.
- Ability to move and lift equipment weighing up to 40 pounds.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing with staff and customers.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work schedules
- Flexible schedule.
- An ability to function on the job with limited supervision
- An ability to project, promote, and maintain a helpful, customer service outlook
- A familiarity with the Outdoor Rental Shop and Outdoor Program
- A willingness to make a commitment to the position for at least one academic year and possibly longer.
APPLICATION FILING PERIODS
The Outdoor Rental Shop accepts applications for employment on an on-going basis