|Date: 08/05/2011||Office/Department: Outdoor Program|
|Starting Wage: Minimum Wage||Supervisor: Outdoor Rental Shop Manager|
|Openings: No||Department Head: Outdoor Assistant Director|
The Ski Technician is responsible for maintaining all winter and snow related equipment within the Outdoor Program Rental shop. Direct responsibilities include 1) performing ski repairs for Whitman College students, faculty and staff; 2) providing information on equipment use and safety; 3) assuming additional responsibilities as necessary; and 5) supporting the programs and functions of the Outdoor Program.
- Care and maintenance of all Outdoor Program winter and snow related equipment.
- Perform ski repairs, ski tuning and other maintenance as needed.
- Care and maintenance of all ski shop tools.
- Be available to help students work on their skis.
- Keep inventory of ski related supplies and order new supplies as needed.
- Advertise ski services.
- Maintain a clean working environment.
- Attend scheduled training sessions.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Uphold all policies of the Outdoor Program and Outdoor Rental Shop.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Ski repair and tuning experience preferred.
- Knowledge of skis including but not limited to cross country, Telemark and downhill. Knowledge of snowshoes, snowboards, and other related equipment helpful.
- Possess ski repair and tuning skills, and have ability to use appropriate tools.
- Ability to wax skis.
- Ability to mount Telemark bindings.
- Knowledge of local ski areas helpful.
- Be up to date on the latest changes and developments in skiing.
- Ability to move and lift equipment weighing up to 40 pounds.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing with staff and customers.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work schedules.
- Enthusiasm for skiing and snow related activities.
- Flexible schedule.
- An ability to function on the job with limited supervision.
- An ability to project, promote, and maintain a helpful, customer service outlook.
- A familiarity with the Outdoor Rental Shop and Outdoor Program.
- A willingness to make a commitment to the position for at least one academic year and possibly longer.
APPLICATION FILING PERIODS
The Outdoor Rental Shop accepts applications for employment on an on-going basis.