Rental Shop Employee
|Date: 08/05/2011||Office/Department: Outdoor Program|
|Starting Wage: Minimum Wage||Supervisor: Outdoor Program Shop Manager|
|Openings: No||Department Head: Outdoor Program Director|
WHITMAN COLLEGE OUTDOOR PROGRAM
SHOP EMPLOYEE APPLICATION
The Outdoor Program Shop is a student run, outdoor recreation cooperative sponsored by the Associated Students of Whitman College (ASWC). Our primary function is to assist members of Whitman College and the Walla Walla community in their outdoor pursuits by providing quality rental equipment for backpacking, camping, kayaking, mountaineering, rafting, rock climbing, skiing, and windsurfing. The Shop also plays an active role in campus programming by providing instructional courses, sponsoring events, and hosting speakers in relation to outdoor pursuits.
Job Description for Outdoor Program Shop Student Employees:
Working approximately 5 hours per week in the Shop during peak flow hours and responsible for:
● Checking out rental equipment to customers.
● Answering basic trip and gear usage questions
● Tracking program finances associated with rentals.
Assist with general maintenance of rental equipment:
● Aid in equipment repair, maintenance, and general upkeep.
● Actively participate in inventory tracking.
● Identify areas that need improvement or change.
Assume additional responsibilities as necessary:
● Tackle independent improvement projects as identified.
● Staff rental shop during special shop hours and events.
● Attend staff meetings and trainings.
Year in School: Phone:
The following application qualifies you for consideration as an Outdoor Program Shop employee. Please answer all questions to the best of your ability on a separate sheet of paper.
1) Why would you like to be an Outdoor Program Shop employee?
2) How do you plan to balance your duties in the Shop with academic and campus commitments (i.e. quantity of hours per week, weekday vs. weekend shift)?
3) Please describe your previous customer service experience.
4) In what areas do you demonstrate working knowledge of outdoor equipment?
5) Explain your familiarity with the surrounding region.
6) What additional qualifications can you bring to this position?
Please provide one letter of reference.
*****DO NOT hit the "Apply for this Job" button at the bottom of the job description. Instead copy and paste the 6 application questions along with your name, etc. into a document and attach the document in an email to Lish Riley. Please remember to include a letter of reference, either by campus mail or email.*****
Please return this application to Lish Riley, Rental Shop Manager, ASAP for employment consideration. Email to: email@example.com or phone 527-5965 for questions.